- Engage, engage, engage! If you like the business then don't scroll by one of their posts without giving it a quick like. Share their posts, comment on threads. Read the blogs. It really does make the difference in helping small businesses be "seen".
- Think independant. If it's something you were going to buy anyway, why not try and look for it locally or a quick search online. We've found some of our favourite shops now through Instagram!
- Leave a review. Do you regularly shop with them or just bought something for the first time? Leave them a review if they have a section for it, if not, just drop them a message with your thoughts. It's a guaranteed boost for that business.
- Tell a friend. One of the best ways to show your support is through word of mouth. Talking about a small business and recommending them to friends and family will help them gain new customers and spread the word.
- Sign up to their mailing list. Newsletters are a great way to stay up to date with the latest new products, updates and offers. Help a small business grow their mailing list by signing up and sharing the link to encourage others to do so too.
So there you go, 5 FREE and easy ways you can help support a small business! Which one will you do first?